If you are using Windows 7 and WLM (it comes with the Windows Live Essentials 2009) and you are reading this, it means that the fact that Messenger minimizes only to the taskbar instead of going into the traybar is bugging you.
There is a very simple trick to overcome this stupid thing. Follow these simple instrunctions.
1. Quit WLM (right click -> close)
2. Find WLM in the start menu (All programs – Windows Live – Windows Live Messenger)
3. Right click on it and click on Properties
4. Go to the compatibility tab
5. Click on “Run this program in compatibility mode for:”
6. Select Windows Vista
7. Click on Ok and start WLM.
It should now normally minimize to the tray.