If you didn’t notice, Windows 7 got a new feature called “Pinning” (maybe ) which acts similarly to the quick launch toolbar in older Windows versions. However, I really don’t like it and I prefer the good ol’ Quick Launch.
Now, if you’re like me and want to get it back, you’ll have to follow these simple steps:
1. Right click your taskbar and go for Toolbars > New Toolbar…
2. In the folder field type: %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
3. Click on Select folder
4. You now have the Quick Launch toolbar (press on the arrow next to it to see it’s content)
5. Right click on the taskbar and uncheck Lock the taskbar
6. Now right click on the Quick Launch text and uncheck Show text and Show title
7. It’s done, you now have to drag that dotted line on the left of the taskbar (next to the start menu button) to the right of the taskbar to switch positions. Lock the taskbar.
Hope it helps